Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Steak and Lobster

This past Saturday my sweet husband took me out for an amazing dinner. I had a list of things I couldn't leave with out doing while I was here and this was my second to last one. I got to try Kobe beef. The man of my dreams , he who literally has made it a habit of making my dreams come true no matter how big or small, took our family out for the most amazing cut of meat I have ever had in my life. If a cow and the Cadbury bunny had a baby that would be the steak I ate.

Our sweet girl had a feast in front of her that would put a smile on any child's face. However it couldn't compare with the fantastic cooking show going on right in front of her.

I didn't plan on taking any pictures of the evenings meal, but it was to spectacular not too. That and we ordered more than I thought we did. I thought we were ordering Kobe beef for two and getting a deal. We didn't realize we had also ordered pork, lobster, pasta, salad, soup desert and the list goes on. It was the best tasting ordering mistake we have ever made.


There is this amazing phenomenon that happens lately when ever my son eats ice cream. He starts by trying to fit in as much as his mouth can hold then he smiles at his accomplishment. It is only a matter of seconds before the tears and yelps of "it hurts it hurts" come from his trembling mouth. Then the process starts all over again. We have tried controlling the amount of ice cream that goes into his mouth in one bite, but it doesn't seem to matter. We finally got photo documentation of the fickle friend ice cream is to our son, one minute he is experiencing great joy and the next a torrential down poor of tears caused by a vicious ice cream headache.


3 comments:

  1. He he he, the ice-cream "brain freeze" is a family thing!!! C did it non stop as a child and STILL does it as a teenager!

    I was starting to get pangs of missing your blog updates; don't wait so long next time to post, we miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, love it, cow and cadbury bunny, oh you are so my sister. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the one where the easter bunny chocolate egg and the bottle of peanut butter are kind of toying with each other while Barry White's "Let's Get it On" plays in the back ground? It fades to black and the next scene is the baby Reese Peanut Butter cup born of their conception. Pretty graphic for prime time television but I thought of that when you described your Kobe and Cadbury. Ever vacation in Utah and a call is a must--we will flip our schedules two ways from north to hang with you guys for three seconds. Peace out homeys, addie.

    ReplyDelete