Saturday, January 21, 2012

Photography Mayhem

This week I tried to get some fun cute photos of the children all together. As it turns out they cannot coexist peacefully in the same photo. However, it is because of this that I was able to get some pretty funny shots that I thought I would share for those of you that may care to see.
I just love the smile on our big boy. He is all smiles when we put him in this chair because when he sits in this chair it means it is either time to eat or play.
Grandma sent fabulous decorations for Valentines day so we decorated the kids bedroom doors. My son thought it was a little girly for his liking but told me it would look ok if I put some orange hearts on his door. I've yet to do this, but he does not seem to mind.
A future Bond.......James Bond. Seriously how handsome is he.


Just when you thought there was nothing more beautiful than that little angel, we show all three little angels.
I love this picture. My youngest making crazy Italian hand gestures with a facial expression that seems to say, "What's the matta wit you". My daughter looking at me as if to say, " really, really, you are really making me take another picture". Of course there is also my oldest son who is ever in awe of the baby.
Smiles, I finally got two out of three to smile.
The baby finally looks up and looks so much like his dad.
My oldest son seems to be soaking in the imaginary sunshine in this photo.


Saturday we had the opportunity to go with some other members of our branch to help clean the church. I am always especially impressed with our single friends that work long difficult hours and rather than sleeping in or going out and blowing off steam with the rest of their friends they get up early and come clean.
This is where we get to go to church. One of the neat experiences we had this particular morning was that while we were cleaning some of the local members of the community were cleaning out the berms on the sidewalk and planting flowers. Apparently this is very common, everyone in the community gets together and takes care of what needs taking care of to keep things looking nice. We are so thankful for their kindness in planting flowers next to our chapel.
We loved that children were working with parents and grandparents, everyone working hard side by side. My husband and I decided that is something we want to instill in our children. My only regret was that we had a previous obligation and so were unable to stay longer to help out.

Back to my attempts to capture a cute candid photo of all three of my children together.
My oldest son looks like he is yodeling in this photo, don't you think. "Riiiicooolaaaa."

My husband had been burning the candle at both ends and during a few free moments on a Sunday afternoon decided to pass out. I walked in the room to find my daughter, who had not seen dad very much that week, just watching him sleep and eventually laying her head down next to his.
OK, so the cutest candid photos actually need to be candid.

1 comment: