Thursday, March 22, 2012

Helicopter Ride

This past week my sweet husband arranged for me to go on a helicopter ride with the rescue squadron for spouse orientation day. We got to go up for 20 minutes and had an amazing tour of the island. I thought I would share just a couple of the pictures from my amazing day.




First I got to get on the blue bus. Now to the rest of you this may seem silly, however, I have many a memory of saying goodbye to my husband before putting him on a blue bus. Today I got to ride the blue bus.
I was lucky enough to get the seat on the end giving me the best view. The view was so good I was the only spouse that got to see a whale swimming below.



As they hovered for a moment as part of their checklist, I was hit with a wave of excitement that I was about to get on this thing and actually go up.


Yep, I love where I live. I told you the view was great.
These are just a few shots I got from the air.



We got to land on top of this mountain in the middle of the jungle.
So it would seem that it is the responsibility of this crew member to lean out the window of the aircraft while we are flying so that I become nervous. Ok, so I am sure it is for another purpose besides making me nervous but I have no idea what it is.









Ok, so I wasn't on the helicopter when I took this shot but it is one of my favorites. Yes, I actually teared up when I saw the position of these two airplanes on display and if you know me and my family then you understand why.
Yea spouse's day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like so much fun! Oh, and the pictures of the BLUE water... I hear it calling our names! I wish we could magically fly over and play in the water with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful, I am so happy that you get to enjoy this with your sweet family. What fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you mis wrote the last line, it should have read, "Yeah for spouses." Thanks to you Summer. You make what Jas does much easier.

    Addie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love your family, and your blog, and where you live! Wish we were there with you!

    ReplyDelete