Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Birthdays, Rodeo and C-17 Flight

So, I'm way behind on this thing. Here are some pictures from several months back...
We had an excellent Batman birthday 
 it was epic
 cake
 and presents
 and family
 very exciting
 Batman, Batman, Batman!
 a fox out the window at work...he didn't say anything ;)
 this cute guy
 every year they drive long-horn cattle through the base and they let the kids out to see them
 leadership gets to ride horses and the kids really enjoy it
 it's a prelude to the rodeo
 embracing the local culture
 my oldest son...living dangerously
 my folks passed through, taking my youngest brother to college
 they were here for my daughter's birthday
 and we took her to her favorite place
 as a benefit of being here and to understand the other airframe, we get to do an instructor enrichment flight, getting to fly the other plane
 it was a beautiful day for it
 and the 17 was a blast to fly
 I got to do air refueling from the receiver position
 a unique perspective, and very difficult
 a side of the tanker I hadn't seen before
 very close
 beautiful tanker
 we also got to fly a low level...
 very low and very fast
 the best part was I got to fly with Sharon from ELDP
 she is an amazing pilot and instructor
 and it was great to fly her aircraft after I got her a flight on mine
 I got to do an assault landing and go backwards (my plane does neither of those things)
 getting into fall
 then one of my best friends from school passed through
 it was great for our kids to see each other again
 big eyes from the cute guy
see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment