Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beach Day

This past Saturday I needed a beach day. I was feeling semi adventurous so we tried a new beach about an hour from the house. It is on a different Island but connected to ours by bridges. As we drove out to the island the tide was so low that people were parking their cars on the side of the road and wading out picking up something. I don't know what they were looking for, but I told my husband that next time we need to stop and see what all the fuss is about. Not too mention it just looked like fun. As we came home from the beach the water was way back up and one would have to dive to explore this same area of the ocean floor.
Yes, this is wear I live.
Each time we take the children to the beach they get more and more adventurous. We can't waite until swimming lessons start.
By the end of the day they had both gotten in over their heads, literally. It didn't stop them from going right back in.
This picture is proof that I really live here and not just blogging post card photos.

I figured out that if I went out in the far enough I couldn't feel the weight of my pregnant belly, it really is a magical place.
That eavening my cute husband took me on our first date since we moved. We went to a place called American Village that has all kinds of shops and resteraunts and is on the beach. It is very colorfull and decorated with all kinds of beautiful lights. The street performers a lone are great entertainment, but if that isn't your style there is a theator and arcade the size of a mall, spas and even a place to have the dead skin eaten off your feet by leeches. However, we opted for a quiet dinner followed by some frozen yogurt. Now this isn't just any frozen yogurt, it's reputation proceeded it. It is a serve yourself place that gives Basken Robins a run for it's money as far as number of flavors. When it comes to toppings it is unsurpassed. Then you pay by the weight. I opted for peach with fresh pinapple, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, papaya and a sprinkle of granola. I definately got my fruit fix.
My husband went a little more exotic. He had a cheese cake/terra root swirl yogurt with cheesecake chunks, cookies, real tapioca and some fruit called the white jewl.
This was our view as we sat and devoured our tasty dessert. The beach is on the other side of these buildings, but it didn't show up on film. Some times film just can't capture how amazing a moment is.
This is just a little more of our view. We could see people out on their balconies also enjoying the view.
This ferris wheel is also their and we took our daughter on it just a couple weeks earlier. It is a great view of the Island once you get to the top.
The following Monday I was sorting through my recent haul of sea shells. I had a couple set a side in a little bag from a trip I had made to the beach a couple of weeks earlier. As I went to carefully take one of the sea shells out of the bag, it walked away from me. Our daughter begged us to keep it as a pet, but I have no idea how to feed or keep something like this a live, so we set it free. Not quite a "Born Free" moment but we thought it was cool.


Our temperory pet. Although she never got the chance to name it, I'm sure it will always hold a special place in our daughters heart. (Just a side note, everywhere we live we seem to have one or two wild animals that seem to make our yard their home, so we let our daughter name them. Our most recent wild pet is a large dove that has taken up residency in our back yard, our daughter has named it fgraken, she says the g is silent so it is pronounced fraken. I'm not sure she is quite ready to help pick out names for the baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, I wonder if tickets to Japan are cheap now?! Seriously wanting to go and visit you; look at the blue of the ocean!

    Your dessert looked delicious as did J's, however, when you described what the pieces and parts really were... I don't think I liked his any more. :)

    Miss you all; and oh.. its snowing on the first day of Spring Break. Blah!

    ReplyDelete