Sunday, October 23, 2011

Snakes, Boats and Babies

My children recently received two gummy snakes. Now these snakes were big enough to give the local habu a run for their money. All day they begged and pleaded to eat them, but I was cruel and made them wait until their father could see just how impressive they were. At last the time came for the eating of the gummy snakes. My husband insisted they start with the head, and they did. It is quite the Halloween spectacle to watch my little ones biting the heads off snakes, even if they are just candy. What a fun Halloween treat.
This past weekend was our daughter's school fall festival. This being her first school event she couldn't wait to go. It was great seeing her so excited to introduce us to her friends and tell us the little details of her day. I would consider my self a lucky mom if she is always so excited to share the details of her life with me, especially when she is a teenager. The highlight of the evening for her was sitting with her friends and brother and watching a Halloween cartoon. She is the cute girl with the red shirt and the fun stuff in her hair, with her brother by her side.
Ah, a little father and son bonding time.
It was soccer Saturday again and this game happened to be a wet one. Strangely the water seemed to fuel the team and they played better than usual. They still lost as usual, but this time they put up a serious fight. They finished happy, wet and mud covered.

The other night my husband found a new place for us to have dinner. It was a fun place with a great view and good food. It is call Jack's place. My favorite part of the meal was listening to my children guess who Jack was and wonder if he was there. They refused to accept that it was simply the name of a restaurant and sure we were at Jack's house.


I think the most fascinating meal of the evening was my husband's tempura; it actually came in a boat. We determined that is how you know sea food is fresh, when it actually comes to you on a boat.

My oldest son just had such a sweet smile on his face that we wanted to share it.

Our daughter was as always more than happy to be eating her cheeseburger. She can't get enough cheeseburgers.
All in all the weekend was fabulous and exhausting. These two cute boys had a hard time waking up this morning after such a fun filled weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, I think you were at Jack's House. Ya, know.. "Jack & Jill went up the hill." I'm sure that's the hill they went tumbling down, maybe its because their stomachs were full of tasty foods. :)

    ReplyDelete