Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Texas and Oklahoma City (Stuck for 2 weeks)

I have been gone for so long, that now I am here and have a moment, as we are stuck in the hospital waiting out the typhoon (all pregnant women past 37 weeks have to spend the typhoon in the hospital as they close all the roads...but that is another post) and I wanted to talk about the TDY that just wouldn't end. It was supposed to be over the weekend and then took two weeks.

They augmented our crew, giving us a 24 hour crew duty day, allowing us to fly from Okinawa to Oklahoma straight (that's a 14 hour plus flight). The craziest thing was we went so far north that even though we were going east, this is the darkest it got over Alaska.
We went to Chevy's in Austin on our drive back to Tinker. We flew into OK, spent the night, then flew to San Antonio and drove up to Dallas. We spent the night in Dallas then drove up to OKC. There we sat for two weeks as the jet we were supposed to pick up was still not crew ready.
My good friend and member of the posse Joe, came and picked me up, since he's stationed in Enid, and I got to see him and his beautiful family.




It would have been one thing is they had slipped us for two weeks at the start, but we would get up every morning and find that we had slipped another 24 hours. My stubble started to become a beard, so I had to document it. I finally got to come home, spend 4 days, and then I left for Talisman Sabre in Darwin Australia.

1 comment:

  1. We've missed hearing from you!!! I had no idea there was a typhoon heading your way. Will everyone be safe in the hospital? Keep us posted; and sending prayers for the family. XXOO

    ReplyDelete