Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Singapore revisited

For my fini-TDY I got to go back to Singapore. It worked out well, too, because when we were in Little India my wife saw some little tables that she wanted, and we realized it would be impossible to take them home in taxis and on a commercial airliner, so I got sent back to pick them up :) 
 Little India--a feast for the senses
Henna 
 back in the exotic market 
 
I think those umbrellas are form over function
statues
and pictures. They discouraged picture taking of their wares, but as I was there buying the tables they let me
I even had time to do some clothes shopping. I got a dress for my daughter and a shirt for me
 I also got to walk over to Arab Street that we didn't have a chance to make it to on our vacation due to timing. It was not a bad walk. This is the Sultan Mosque.
appropriately named
 this was a beautiful little area
 it was unusual to see this stuff on this side of Asia
 everyone loves sea turtles
 
 documenting their travel from Oman to Singapore
 other side of the mosque
 restaurants and shops
even the project housing is bright and colorful in Singapore (at least on the outside)
 Octopus anyone? Delicious, just chewy.
 and this is the dress I got my daughter
now she can dress like an Indian for Thanksgiving ;)

1 comment:

  1. What great adventures!! (You are still giving me flashbacks of Thailand!) Tell the kiddos it snowed today AND stuck to the ground. It's not much but it is a start. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete